From: BRM <bm_witness@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE-4 multi-monitor + fullscreen applications
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 23:08:04
1 ----- Original Message ----
2
3 > From: Florian Philipp <lists@f_philipp.fastmail.net>
4 > To: Gentoo User List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
5 > Sent: Wed, November 17, 2010 5:08:33 PM
6 > Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE-4 multi-monitor + fullscreen applications
7 >
8 > Hi list!
9 >
10 > Today, KDE nearly killed a presentation I held and now I want to
11 > understand what's going on:
12 >
13 > Following setup: One laptop, two outputs (internal display + projector).
14 >
15 > Now I configure KDE to expand the desktop on both (instead of simple
16 > cloning). So far, so good.
17 >
18 > First question: How does KDE choose on which output the "standard"
19 > desktop ends up and which gets the second set of desktop background +
20 > plasma widgets? It seems like the one with the higher resolution is
21 > standard and on a draw, it is the right-most. Is that correct? Can it be
22 > configured?
23
24 I haven't played with the KDE4 mult-monitor mode enough yet; but I would think
25 it would be in the Display settings section of the System Settings for KDE4.
26
27 Reading over:
28 http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=82510
29 http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=25765
30
31 It seems Kephal is the culprit. Quite a bit was fixed for 4.2, and even more for
32 4.3, 4.4, and 4.5.
33 So you may want to see if it's a bug related to something pre-4.5.
34 Looks like 4.5 is in testing:
35
36 http://gentoo-portage.com/kde-base/kde-meta
37
38 Just a thought; wish I could be more helpful.
39
40 Ben