From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Do we have to build gcc with fortran now?
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 22:38:49
1 Todd Goodman wrote:
2 > * Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> [110622 16:41]:
3 >
4 >> Matthew Finkel wrote:
5 >>
6 > [...]
7 >
8 >>> Do correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't blas-reference pulled in by
9 >>> merging gcc with USE="fortran"? Or did you install blas-reference for
10 >>> another reason?
11 >>>
12 >>>
13 >>>
14 >>>
15 >>>
16 >>
17 >> No clue. I just -c'd some stuff and kept running revdep-rebuild and
18 >> emerge -uvDNa world until it all got sorted. It took a few times but I
19 >> finally got a clean result.
20 >>
21 >> The funny thing is this. I removed about 3 packages but had to install
22 >> close to a dozen to satisfy what was missing. Cantore, or something
23 >> like that, was left with no backend when I removed R.
24 >>
25 >> So, removed some bloat then installed some more bloat. Ain't that a peach?
26 >>
27 >> Dale
28 >>
29 >> :-) :-)
30 >>
31 > No actually blas-reference fails to build unless gcc is built with the
32 > fortran use flag enabled (since there's no fortran compiler available.)
33 >
34 > The deps pulling in blas-reference are in my previous mail.
35 >
36 > Todd
40 Maybe we have something different then. I don't have blas-reference on
41 here anymore either. My point was, disabling fortran to remove it only
42 lead to other stuff being required. I think there is more on here now
43 than there was before. So, removing fortran to get rid of bloat didn't
44 help any because it just required a different set of bloat.
45
46 Dale
47