From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE 4 again
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 19:59:10
1 After reading last month's thread on kde-4 I decided to have a go, but I
2 wanted a separate setup for simplicity. So I built a basic system from
3 2007.0 on a new partition and installed the first few kde-4 packages
4 (startkde, kdm, konsole and a few others).
5
6 Now I want to submit a bug report, but are the Gentoo devs happy to receive
7 these yet, since kde-4 is not officially released?
8
9 The problem I have is that kdm fails on startup. I get the root console back
10 after much longer than if the nvidia driver had aborted, and this
11 in /var/log/messages:
12
13 Feb 5 15:48:22 wstn kdm: :0[4043]: Received unknown or unexpected
14 command -2 from greeter
15 Feb 5 15:48:22 wstn kdm: :0[4043]: Abnormal termination of greeter for
16 display :0, code 125, signal 0
17
18 Anyone any ideas?
21 Rgds