From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: glebiuskv@×××××.com
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kworker use >80% of CPU
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2014 18:49:56
1 On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 13:02:32 +0400
2 Gleb Klochkov <glebiuskv@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hi. After computer starts, in top, I have kworker used 80% of cpu.
5 > It is a problem with ACPI IRQs, because it come to normal after i run
6 >
7 > echo "disable" > /sys/firmware/acpi/interrupts/gpe08
8
9 That is called a GPE storm; you should be able to find a message about
10 it in `dmesg`, usually those resolve automatically so I wonder why that
11 is not the case here. Can you look for messages about GPE / interrupt
12 in the `dmesg` output?
13
14 You might also able to use one or another kernel parameter from
15
16 https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt
17
18 in an attempt to fix up the ACPI IRQs, try those that mention ACPI, IRQ
19 and/or interrupt(s) in their name or description. Though; as this is a
20 trial and error approach, a specific message and a better idea of what
21 GPE 8 is might yield a better solution when searching this online.
22
23 As a second question, to figure out what '8' is; take a look at
24 `cat /proc/interrupts` where the last one or two columns of that line
25 give it a name. Feel free to share both `dmesg` and that output with us.
28 With kind regards,
29
30 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
31 Gentoo Developer
32
33 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
34 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
35 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D