From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] netkit-rsh ./configure problem
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 18:21:10
1 I can't get netkit-rsh (not that I want it but it's an (indirect)
2 runtime dependency of xinit). This is a brand new machine that I'm
3 building.
4
5 Basically the error is:
6
7 Checking for BSD signal semantics... no
8 This package needs BSD signal semantics to run.
9 sed: can't read MCONFIG: No such file or directory
12 Upon inspection of the ./configure script, I see it is compiling and
13 running the following snippet:
14
15 #include <unistd.h>
16 #include <signal.h>
17 int count=0;
18 void handle(int foo) { count++; }
19 int main() {
20 int pid=getpid();
21 signal(SIGINT, handle);
22 kill(pid,SIGINT);
23 kill(pid,SIGINT);
24 kill(pid,SIGINT);
25 if (count!=3) return 1;
26 return 0;
27 }
28
29 If I compile this on the target machine, it exits with 1. I checked and
30 count=0. If I compile this on another machine it exits with 0. Even
31 when I take the compiled exe from the other machine and copy it to the
32 target machine it exits 1.
33
34 This is disturbing.
35