From: Rasmus Andersen <rasmus@×××××××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] resize raid1 array
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 06:41:10
1 Hello,
2
3 I had a raid1/mirror array of two 200G disks. Then one failed and I
4 thought 'lets get two 500G disks and just ease them in, they are cheap'.
5 So I added the full 500G partition from the first disk to the degraded
6 array, watched the resync, removed the remaining 200G disk and added the
7 last 500G disk.
8
9 My hope now was that I would be able to tell the kernel that md0 now is
10 500G, not 200G. But alas, I have not been able to do so. Is there a way
11 to do this? Or is the only way forward to shrink the partitions and
12 create new 300G ones alongside?
13
14 Thanks,
15 Rasmus