From: Henson Sturgill <henson.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] The new Gentoo user and the Kernel
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 18:31:45
1 Hi!
2
3 I'm new to Gentoo, but really loving the amount of control it provides (I'm
4 guessing all Gentoo-users are control freaks?) During my initial install, I
5 forgot to enable tmpfs -- though it was clearly printed in the manual.
6
7 While looking for a solution, I saw countless forum posts from users with
8 the same "problem". Which makes me wonder..
9
10 Why not patch the default config to have these items enabled?
11
12 Is it a legacy thing, a way to force users into reading documentation and
13 becoming more self sufficient, or are we just trying to stay true to the
14 upstream developers? Maybe something else?
15
16 Thanks!