From: morlix <morlix@××××××.de>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] genkernel initramfs and grub2-mkconfig
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 18:41:55
1 Hello,
2
3 does anybody of you know how to get the grub2-mkconfig script to
4 correctly detect initramfs and set the kernel parameter "root=" to
5 /dev/ram0 or just don't set the parameter at all.
6
7 I'm using genkernel and want to use my generated initramfs, but
8 everytime grub2-mkconfig gets called it sets the kernel parameter root=
9 to my root partition and then the initramfs won't get used.
10
11 I think manually editing /boot/grub2/grub.cfg and deleting the root=
12 parameter and setting real_root isn't a good choice for long term.
13
14 Kind regards,
15
16 morlix