From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone switched to eudev yet?
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 18:49:14
1 On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Bruce Hill
2 <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 09:24:55PM -0600, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
4 > <snip systemd fanboi text>
5 >>
6 >> And then months later has the nerve of calling my use of the word
7 >> "fuck" (in which I wasn't insulting anyone) as "offensive":
8 >>
9 >> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/261318
12 > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/261318
13 >
14 >> I hope it doesn't offend anyone. That was not (nor is) the intention.
15 >>
16 >> Regards.
17 >> --
18 >> Canek Peláez Valdés
19 >
20 > So you weren't being honest when you wrote that in the first place.
21
22 I already told you that I didn't wanted to offend anyone when I said
23 "fuck", I used the word for emphasis. You keep failing to understand
24 that, or you keep saying that I was dishonest as a diversion.
25
26 And I will keep using the word that way; not to insult *personally*
27 anyone. My point is that I find highly hypocrite that you took offense
28 to a word written everyday in a lot of Linux mailing lists, when some
29 months ago you used an homophobic rhetorical question directed
30 *personally* against me, in a way that even an eight year old kid
31 would understand it's offensive. Actually, except for you, in recent
32 years I have only heard eight year old kids using the question "are
33 you his boyfriend?" as an attack.
34
35 In a technical mailing list, besides.
36
37 So, keep trying to hide behind the false accusation that I was
38 "dishonest" when I say that I didn't wanted to offend anyone; the
39 undeniable truth is that you actually tried to offend me *personally*,
40 like an eight year old, when you asked me if I was Lennart's
41 boyfriend.
42
43 In a technical mailing list. Recheck the March thread, if you must; or
44 all the mailing list archives for what is worth. I try to stick with
45 only technical arguments; sometimes I'm wrong, sometimes I have a
46 different opinion than most on the list. But I stick to the technical
47 arguments. And my "who the fuck cares?" mail was a call to stick to
48 the technical arguments, BTW, not to some silly thing like who has the
49 most seniority in the list.
50
51 You, on the other hand in March, when you ran out of technical
52 arguments (if saying "his coding is so questionable that "Lennartware"
53 has become derogatory slang" can be called a "technical argument"),
54 you resorted to ask me if I was Lennart's boyfriend.
55
56 That's *your* level of discussion. Not mine. You are the one trying to
57 offend. Not me.
58
59 Regards.
60 --