From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] XFS FileSystem - Slow Writes
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 22:15:03
1 On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 10:54 -0700, Richard Fish wrote:
2 > On 8/29/06, Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com> wrote:
3 > > So.. it doesn't give me any clues there. However, doing Reads is OK. I
4 > > get good performance when eg: copying a file from the XFS partition to
5 > > another partition/drive.
6 >
7 > How about the output of:
8 >
9 > lsattr -Ra /home 2>dev/null | grep -v -e "-------------" -e ":$" -e "^$"
10 >
11 > This should produce nothing.
12
13 And you are right. It produces nothing.
14
15 The FS is now 80% Full
16 Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
17 /dev/hda6 20G 16G 4.1G 80% /home
18
19 I think I'm gonna try re-formatting the drive/partition once more.
20 (There _may_ be latent curruption which I'm not aware off since I just
21 stuck a USB 200G drive w/XFS and read/write performance is Zippy.)
22
23 I'll report it once I get to it.
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list