From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440 AGP 8x & xorg-1.6?
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 01:06:27
1 Hi,
2 Will that combination work?
3
4 I'm having trouble finding the right combination of kernel,
5 nvidia-driver and xorg-server for a remote machine.
6
7 The machine was running xorg-server-1.5 with 2.6.29-gentoo-r4 and
8 nvidia-drivers-96.43.09. So far when I try to use the newer
9 xorg-server-1.6 it seems to not like that kernel and when I use a
10 newer kernel it doesn't like that nvidia-driver. When I try to update
11 the driver I get messages along the line of this VGA not being
12 supported by the newer driver.
13
14 Where do I find info on what kernels are required for
15 xorg-server-1.6 and then what drivers are supporting this device?
16
17 Thanks,
18 Mark