From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Anyone running gentoo on AppleTV 1st gen?
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 14:19:06
1 Hi All,
2
3 In the hope of some of you being more experienced around Apple devices, I
4 thought of asking here first.
5
6 I've come across an AppleTV 1 box and been searching the Interwebs for gentoo
7 related info. At present I only intend to use it as a NAS box and VPN
8 gateway. Later on I may use it as a media server with Kodi, but first things
9 first, what is the recommended up to date method to install Gentoo on it?
10
11 I have come across these rather outdated pages which advise to use a ATV-
12 Bootloader USB Stick, but I am not sure if this would be necessary these days
13 with various UEFI LiveISOs around:
14
15 http://kodi.wiki/view/Archive:HOW-TO:Install_Gentoo_and_XBMC_on_Apple_TV_1
16