From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] DHCP on my wireless card
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 15:15:44
1 Howdy all! I'm having a tough time getting DHCP to work on my wireless card.
2 It's the intel 2200, and I am using wpa_supplicant with it. The contents of
3 my /etc/conf.d/net are:
4
5 modules=( "wpa_supplicant" )
6 config_eth1=( "dhcp" )
7 wpa_supplicant_eth1="-Dwext"
8
9 The problem seems to be that DHCP isn't being used, and the even weirder part
10 is that when I bring eth1 up via /etc/init.d/net.eth1 start, ifconfig will
11 show eth1 configured with an IPv6 address! /var/log/messages isn't helpful,
12 except to point out that there are no ipv6 routers on my network (duh!).
13 When I manually run dhcpcd eth1, then the ip address is obtained correctly
14 and it works. What should I check to see why DHCP doesn't seem to be being
15 used on this interface and why I'm getting an IPv6 address? Thanks!
16
17 R
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list