From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Printing an image on multiple pages
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 04:34:41
1 Alan E. Davis wrote:
2
3 >A useful postscript utility is called "poster." It can do this for
4 >many postscript files. Perhaps you can convert to postscript and do
5 >this? Don't know exactly what you have in mind. I have printed a
6 >tide graph on 12 sheets, and cut and pasted (meatspace) them together
7 >on the wall of my classroom.
8 >
9 >Alan Davis
15 You may can do this with Scribus as well. It may take a minute to
16 figure out but it works similar to QuarkXpress. It is called tiling in
17 those programs and I have done it that way before. We used to print a
18 newspaper on letter size pages and paste them together to a full size
19 newspaper to shoot negatives from. It works really well. It may work
20 for you. I dunno.
21
22 Just a thought.
23
24 Dale
25 :-)
28 To err is human, I'm most certainly human.
29
30 I have four rigs:
31
32 1: Home built; Abit NF7 ver 2.0 w/ AMD 2500+ CPU, 1GB of ram and right now two 80GB hard drives. Named Smoker
33 2: Home built; Iwill KK266-R w/ AMD 1GHz CPU, 256MBs of ram and a 4GB drive. Named Swifty
34 3: Home built; Gigabyte GA-71XE4 w/ 800MHz CPU, 224MBs of ram and a 2.5GB drive. Named Pokey
35 4: Compaq Proliant 6000 Server w/ Quad 200MHz CPUs, 128MBs of ram and a 4.3GB SCSI drive. Named Putput
36
37 All run Gentoo Linux, all run folding. #1 is my desktop, 2, 3, and 4 are set up as servers.
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list