From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: SOLVED Re: [gentoo-user] Desperately seeking modelines; xorg 1.6.3.901-r2bleeds off the edges
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 21:44:51
1 SOLVED
2
3 On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 1:57 PM, Keith Dart <keith@×××××××××.biz> wrote:
4
5 > === On Sat, 10/17, Kevin O'Gorman wrote: ===
6 > > It's a flat panel.
7 > ===
8 >
9 > In that case I'd first try the monitor's own auto-adjust feature.
10 > Usually this is available by pressing some "menu" key on your monitor.
13 Okay, I just tried anything that might be such a feature. And the winner is
14 "reset".
17 > If that doesn't work then make sure you have DDC support in your driver
18 > and enable it. You monitor is new enough that it should just work after
19 > being queried by DDC.
20 >
21 > Good thing the above worked. I would have been a while figuring out how to
22 do that one.
27 > -- Keith Dart
28 >
29 > --