From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: FS for laptop
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 08:50:31
1 On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 05:45:20 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > I recently asked about filesystems on a MythTv mailing list. I
4 > saw nothing but praise for XFS. Maybe they're all just lucky.
5
6 They also caution against using ReiserFS, which makes sense because it is
7 a lot slower with large files. The only time I've had problems with XFS
8 was a year or so ago when there was a bug involving XFS on encrypted
9 block devices. Although I generally use ReiserFS, I am using XFS for
10 everything but /usr/portage on this laptop.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Q. How many mice does it take to screw in a light bulb?
17 A. Only two - but it's difficult to get them in there.