From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Migrating Drupal websites
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 20:49:53
1 I am not quite sure how best to setup a local Drupal development server. This
2 is only for developing the websites, which when ready for publishing will be
3 migrated to the hosting server.
4
5 Still at the planning stage with all this, I want to keep each website
6 separate. So I was thinking of having separate MySQL users, each with their
7 own MySQL database. Also, I am not sure where to save (physically) each
8 database. Is it prudent to keep them separately under the respective virtual
9 host domainname fs (/var/www/<domainname>), or should I leave these under the
10 default /var/lib/mysql/, or where ever they are normally stored? Haven't
11 looked into tablespaces yet.
12
13 For the sake of avoiding a major domestic, I want to make sure that migration
14 to the hosting server will happen without any glitches, or worse having to
15 redesign the website from scratch! What's a clever way of going about this?
16 --
17 Regards,
18 Mick