From: Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Ideapad-laptop
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 10:53:34
1 So I got a new Lenovo G50.
2 I found all the required drivers in kernel itself. Seems to be quite Linux
3 friendly so far (not installed desktop yet).
4
5 There's one problem though. The kernel module ideapad-laptop which
6 apparently recognizes the hotkey stuff, backlight and some other things
7 doesn't let me use wireless. rfkill shows it's hard blocked. Is there any
8 way to change this?
9
10 Some Google results tell me that this is related to the WiFi toggle via
11 windows. The machine never contained windows ( I bought it with freedos).
12
13 I'm not comfortable with opening it to remove CMOS battery as suggested by
14 yet another Google search result.