From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: went from x86 to ~x86: no more X11
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 00:24:18
1 On 12/08/2009 11:26 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 >
3 > Greets, gentoo-users,
4 >
5 > I wanted to go to full ~x86 on my thinkpad these days, so I started with
6 > an "emerge -avu system" and after a successful reboot I did "emerge
7 > -avuDN world".
8 >
9 > X11 didn't come up anymore ... I even tried a "emerge -e world", just to
10 > "get it right" but still no luck.
11 >
12 > See my Xorg.0.log: http://dpaste.com/130873/
13
14 Looks to me like the X server *is* running, unless you left out the error
15 message at the end of the log. Why do you say X didn't come up? How are
16 you starting the x session? You might try the vesa driver just to see if
17 there is a difference.