From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] homemade nas setup
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 10:44:58
1 On Friday 30 January 2009 00:06:05 Harry Putnam wrote:
2
3 > I've been looking into setting up or getting somekind of nas
4 > storage/backup capability lately so thought I'd ask about it here
5 > since I'm sure some of you will be using something or will have built
6 > your own.
7
8 I just bought a USB hard disk and plug it into whichever box I want to back
9 up. Each box has a small rescue system, which I boot into to make the
10 backup to ensure that all files are copied. Just a simple tar command,
11 without compression for speed.
14 Rgds
15 Peter