From: CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Digikam issue
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 18:35:34
1 Hi,
2
3 First, I have searched the archives and didn't find anything that seemed
4 to help.
5
6 The main issue here is with digikam. I used to have it working, but
7 some upgrade or other seemed to screw things up.
8
9 Digikam loads just fine. It recognizes and displays the pictures in the
10 folders on my hard drive. When my camera is plugged in and I select
11 "Import --> Camera", my camera appears in the list (not the specific
12 model, but it recognizes that it is a Canon). However, the images on
13 the camera are not displayed. I tried entering the camera manually.
14 Doing this, it wants a mount point which defaults to /mnt/camera. If I
15 then select "Import-->Camera", I get the message "Failed to connect to
16 camera". The correct mount point was created. BTW, I AM a member of
17 the plugdev group.
18
19 As a side issue, if I assume that I need to mount the camera manually, I
20 have always used the kwikdisk utility that is part of KDE. Despite the
21 fact that this appears as a menu item, it won't load. Equery tells me
22 that this belongs to the kdf package and I tried re-emerging kdf, but
23 kwikdisk still fails to load.
24
25 I am at a loss here and don't know what to do next. If anyone can help,
26 I need to be "led by the nose".
27
28 One would think that things would get easier to use in Linux, but that
29 isn't the case here.
30
31 Regards,
32