From: ckard <ckardaris@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] getting increasingly worried about this.
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 17:19:24
1 Hello,
2
3 So from what i understand from your burbling you run a ~testing arch
4 and the last update of spidermonkey removed jit that is used by kde.
5
6 First of all, there's nothing like "Stable Enough" testing branch.
7 It's fairly stable like won't kill your cat but sometimes things break
8 that's why we testing it and report them (and some exceptional times
9 your cat might be in danger too, poor neko)
10
11 Just downgrade to the last spidermonkey version that expose jit
12 flag and if you want to be useful open a bug for the :52 and :45
13 versions that lost jit flag to let the kde guys know.
14
15 You could also reverse the latest commit from git and regain jit
16 in your local overlay but developer obviously had his/her reasons
17 to do so (http://bugs.gentoo.org/631574).
18
19 Bye
20