From: Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gigabyte wont boot
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 22:46:34
1 On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 06:48:44PM +0000, James wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > First system build with a Gigabyte mobo. I never
5 > got a "motherboard install book" and cannot seem
6 > to find any docs on installing a new 990FXA-UD3
7 > with a FX8350 and ram installed. Everything is new
8 > and I have built many PCs before....
9 >
10 > I got the new system put together
11 > physically. I'm trying to boot into the bios.
12 > The Blueray burner opens and closes and I put
13 > the newest liveDVD inside but no boot. No signal
14 > to the monitor.
15 >
16 > The fans all run, the BR burner opens and closes, but
17 > the motherboard will not boot. I first tried a
18 > known good pci video card (ATI) and now a new fanless
19 > video card (ASUS Direct CU Silent Radeon HD 7750).
20 > I tried different slots with the video cards.
21 >
22 > Is there a listing of jumpers or other install
23 > tips that I can find somewhere for this mobo?
24 > I meticulously connected everything, as this is not
25 > my first RODEO. I've never had a new mobo in the box without the
26 > little install guide book.....bummer .....
27 >
28 > ideas? wikis? docs?
29 >
30 > James
31
32 Dale gave you a link to the manufacturer's webpage for your board.
33
34 Never used a Blueray and don't know how well it's supported by the LiveDVD
35 you're using. I've been very pleased with SystemRescueCD[1], and booting off
36 USB [2] which is faster than a ROM drive anyway.
37
38 [1] http://www.sysresccd.org/Download
39 [2] http://www.sysresccd.org/Sysresccd-manual-en_How_to_install_SystemRescueCd_on_an_USB-stick
40 --