From: Dan Cowsill <danthehat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Stop net.eth0 from starting?
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 13:53:11
1 I've got wifi configured with madwifi and use my wifi interface a lot
2 more than the ethernet I had thought that removing net.eth0 from
3 rc-update, but that didn't seem to work. Every time I booted, the
4 interface tried to go up and get dhcp information. I then read about
5 and used a preup function to check that interfaces are actually
6 connected before they are brought up, and this essentially solves the
7 problem. It occurs to me that it would just be a whole lot easier and
8 cleaner if net.eth0 just didn't try to start at all, but I haven't
9 found any way to do this short of removing the init.d script from
10 rc-update.
11
12 My question is, is there any way to stop net.eth0 from starting
13 besides ethtool's preup function?
14
15 Thanks.
18 -·=»Ðŧħ«=·-