From: "design [depois das dez]" <depoisdasdez@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Old ATI Radeon RV350 driver broken after system update
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 17:20:23
1 Fellow Gentooers,
2
3 although I am very happy running a Gentoo box, sometimes I bump into some
4 difficulties, esp. when updating packages. This time I am having a hard
5 time reconfiguring my video card, which was fine but is not anymore after
6 the last system update I've made. Gnome session goes up as usual but the
7 resolution is not fine and monitor complains about not being in the
8 recommended mode.
9
10 My video driver is an ATI Radeon 9600 (RV350) and somebody has already
11 updated the section on the Gentoo wiki
12 http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Radeon#Kernels_.3E.3D3.0.0 informing that
13 there might be incompatibilities concerning the RV350 firmware. I just
14 don't have enough understanding of the video related parts of the system to
15 tweak and fix this issue. How should I proceed when I have a problem of
16 this sort?
17
18 How do I know what is the video backend in my system? Is Xorg the only one
19 possible? What can I do to fix this problem?
20
21 Regards,
22 depoisdasdez