From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] iptables (not) started?
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 19:18:23
1 On Mar 30, 2013 1:27 AM, "Jarry" <mr.jarry@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi Gentoo-users,
4 >
5 > I noticed one thing on my server: during boot-up no message
6 > about firewall being started is printed on console. I always
7 > have to check manually if iptables-rules have been loaded.
8 > Strange thing, when doing shutdown, I see messages I expect:
9 >
10 > * Saving iptables state ... [ ok ]
11 > * Stopping firewall ... [ ok ]
12
13 Slightly tangential to the subject, but related...
14
15 I personally prefer *not* to automatically save iptables rules on shutdown.
16
17 That way, if I made some stupid mistake, a reboot restores the system to
18 the "LKGC" (Last Known Good Configuration)...
19
20 Rgds,
21 --