From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnome3 hotkey for searching in overview
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 19:03:23
1 On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 10:51 AM, András Csányi <sayusi.ando@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Dear All,
3 >
4 > To be honest, I've never thought that I'm going to say that gnome is
5 > fantastic. I was always xfce and KDE user and I never was not able to
6 > understand the philosophy of Gnome. But, Gnome3 is amazing! Simple and
7 > easy to use. Not to mention that it has eye candy in a good way and
8 > doesn't eat my machine against KDE4.x.
9 >
10 > But I don't know what is the hotkey for reach the "Type to search..."
11 > searchbox in overview. I've spent a few hours to find it without any
12 > result. Can somebody tell me what is the shortcut?
13
14 Mmmmh. You use the Windows key to bring the overview. The moment you
15 start to type something (anything), the "Type to search..." searchbox
16 catchs the key press immediately. There is no need for a shortcut.
17
18 If that is not the way it works for you, you have some keyboard
19 related configuration hiccup. Probably a legacy .Xmodmap or something
20 similar.
21
22 Regards.
23 --