From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc-2.17 fails and warning: setlocale: LC_ALL error
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 02:19:38
1 Hinnerk van Bruinehsen wrote:
4 > Hi Dale,
5 >
6 > first you should check if you have this line in your /etc/locale.gen:
7 > en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8
8 >
9 > If you do, run locale-gen to create the locale. This should in theory
10 fix the
11 > LC_<foo> errors (Note: there are some LC_ settings best left undisturbed,
12 > especially setting LC_ALL to something other than "C" tends to break
13 stuff).
14
15 Howdy,
16
17 I looked at that file. On both my systems, it is not a text file. When
18 I look at it in a file manager, Konqueror via fish, it shows up as
19 "GENESIS rom" for type. Since it is not text on either of my machines,
20 I'm nervous about editing that thing. Are we certain it is safe to mess
21 with??? O_O
26 > The other error you get (glibc failing to install) seem to be caused
27 by an old
28 > kernel version that wouldn't be compatible with the newer glibc. So I'd
29 > recommend that you try to update your kernel first.
30 >
31 > WKR
32 > Hinnerk
35 This is interesting. I'm using this version: 3.15.5-gentoo According
36 to equery, that's as new as it gets. I thought about going back to a
37 older version but that seemed odd given the error. I been dealing with
38 this for about two days now. My 3 lb mini sledge is starting to look
39 interesting. @_@
40
41 Thoughts?
42