From: billyd <billydw@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] No longer getting elog messages
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 17:13:01
1 Hi, all:
2
3 I used to get info, error and warn messages in /var/log/portage/elog after
4 emerging packages or doing emerge -uNDvp world. Beginning about 2 weeks
5 ago, I noticed I am no longer getting those elog entries. Additionally, I
6 noticed that I am getting duplicate entries for each package that is emerged
7 in /var/log/portage (of course, these are the compile logs).
8
9 I have Gentoo installed on 2 computers, both using arch ~amd64. All 3
10 installations have KDE 4 (latest in portage for ~amd64 arch).
11
12 PC #1 uses this profile: default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop/kde
13 PC #2 has two installs:
14
15 Install #1 uses profile: default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop
16 Install #2 uses profile: default/linux/amd64/10.0/no-multilib
17
18 This problem is happening on all 3 of my Gentoo installations and all started
19 at the same time. The only changes have been through doing updates. I sync
20 nearly every day followed my # emerge -uNDvp world. Other than issues with
21 xorg-server 1.8.0 and the nvidia-drivers, all my updates have been successful.
22
23 Note: I have masked xorg-server 1.8.0 in /etc/portage/package.mask until the
24 nvidia-drivers catch up.
25
26 I have searched the forums, checked bugzilla and googled on this topic and
27 have yet to find a solution. My Gentoo installs are working just fine except
28 for this issue.
29
30 I have attached /etc/make.conf from only one of the installs as they are all
31 the same. Here are the 3 lines I have in my make.conf files as they relate to
32 logging the elog messages:
33
34 PORT_LOGDIR="/var/log/portage"
35 PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES="log warn error"
36 PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM="save"
37
38 Thank you for the help.
39