From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Questions about hacked sites and passwords
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 12:34:55
1 On 2012-01-16 9:22 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > One reason I ask this. I remember my passwords well. If I go to
3 > changing them every time someone gets hacked, I'll never be able to keep
4 > up with them again. I use Lastpass to remember them but it could stop
5 > working because of a upgrade or something. Then again, I could use its
6 > autogenerate thing and just HOPE for the best on upgrades.
7 >
8 > Thoughts? What do you guys, and our gal, do in situations like this?
9
10 Again... passwordmaker.org (the site menu is now fixed)...
11
12 It cannot 'stop working' (if a Firefox update broke it completely, you
13 could always install an older version to use just for your passwords
14 until it was fixed)...
15
16 Also - 10 characters is *not* a very strong password these days... I use
17 a minimum of 15, and for critical sites (banks etc), 25 characters
18 (unless they have a max length, then I use the max)...