From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: What's the best way to install gentoo on an OLD K6 box w/ tight memory & small disks?
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 18:07:53
1 Wolfgang Liebich <Wolfgang.Liebich <at> siemens.com> writes:
4 > I have a rather old computer (tyan motherboard, K6 processor) which
5 > currently runs debian. I want to convert it to a gentoo box. As the
6 > system is rather old and it's disks are very small by today's
7 > standards, too, I would like to hear about your experiences with such
8 > tight situations.
11 Hello Wolfgang,
12
13 I believe back in December, 2006 the devs release a live CD for old
14 586 class machines. It would have binaries that you could install
15 from a liveCD:
16
17 http://www.gentoo.org/news/20061127-gwn.xml
20 Locate the liveCD with this and simplify the installation process.
21
22 hth,
23
24 James