From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd question
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 21:45:12
1 On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 2:24 PM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I just installed and booted with systemd and most services are working
3 > normally, except syslog.service and remote-fs.service. Both of those
4 > failed on bootup with a "No such file or directory" error.
5 >
6 > I can't figure out how to make systemd tell me which files it can't
7 > find. Any ideas?
8
9 The syslog.service works as a place-holder for whatever syslog you
10 have installed (or not). So, if you have syslog-ng, you do
11
12 ln -s /usr/lib/systemd/system/syslog-ng.service
13 /etc/systemd/system/syslog.service
14
15 If you have rsyslog, you do:
16
17 ln -s /usr/lib/systemd/system/rsyslog.service /etc/systemd/system/syslog.service
18
19 If you (like me) don't have any syslog because you want to use journald, you do:
20
21 ln -s /dev/null /etc/systemd/system/syslog.service
22
23 That is the common way to "mask" services in systemd. If you don't
24 need remote filesystems (NFS, cifs shares, etc.) mounted at boot time,
25 mask remote-fs.service:
26
27 ln -s /dev/null /etc/systemd/system/remote-fs.service
28
29 I do however have the remote-fs.service (systemd-191, out of the
30 oven), I don't know why it isn't installed in your case. Which version
31 are you using.
32
33 Regards
34 --