From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone switched to eudev yet?
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 21:43:47
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 20:33:34 -0600, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Putting /usr on LVM is not the problem. I have had /usr on LVM for a
5 >> good long while now. It has booted just fine. The new udev is what is
6 >> going to break it, whether I use LVM or not from what has been said on
7 >> this list and elsewhere.
8 > I've been running separate /usr on LVM with ~arch udev and no initramfs
9 > on a couple of systems with no problems. The news item is taking the easy
10 > way out by saying "it will break" rather than "it may break" - such
11 > breakage is by no means certain - although the future holds no
12 > guarantees.
16 Then there is my luck. Right?
17
18 Dale
19
23 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!