From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Creating Blue-ray video discs
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 10:14:50
1 Joerg Schilling wrote:
2 > Ashley Dixon <ash@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Have you tried Xfburn (`app-cdr/xfburn`) ? Unfortunately it is a graphical
5 >> application (GTK+) with a somewhat-ugly user interface, but does claim to burn
6 >> Blu-Rays. I can only vouch for its stability with standard D.V.D.s, although
7 >> it's worth a try.
8 >>
9 > I don't believe this was the question.
10 >
11 > cdrecord of course writes BluRays since 2007, but the question was for software
12 > that prepares the data to create a compliant filesystem content.
13 >
14 > BTW: for a compliant medium, you of course also need an UDF filesystem that is
15 > not supported by the software you mention but that is supported by mkisofs that
16 > is (like cdrecord) part of the cdrtools project.
17 >
18 > Jörg
22 I think you are correct.  To create a DVD with videos to watch on a TV
23 DVD player, I use Devede to create the image and then k3b to burn the
24 image.  It seems I need some sort of tool, like devede does for DVDs, to
25 create a image or whatever to burn to a blu-ray media.  Since Devede
26 doesn't do that, what is it that I use to do what Devede does for a
27 DVD?  I'd suspect that I can't just copy a video to a blu-ray disk and
28 it play on a Blu-ray player like hooks to a TV.  Still, other helpful
29 hints are welcome.  I'm sure I'm about to learn quite a bit about this.
30 The more I read, the more I get that this is different from a DVD, in a
31 lot of ways.  :/
32
33 I hope this is doable.  I got some nice HD videos I'd like to share.  I
34 have some nice HD videos about gardening off youtube and one that I
35 downloaded, it is available for free.
36
37 Dale
38