From: Peter Kelly <linuxpete@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rc-status and broken links
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 22:39:06
1 On Saturday 01 April 2006 19:22, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
2 > Peter Kelly wrote:
3 > > Now, it shows that every service is [broken], but the advice to remove
4 > > the broken service using rc-update -d (service) and add it in again does
5 > > nothing. Everything is still [broken].
6 > >
7 > > Anyone seen this, and have an idea how to fix it?
8 >
9 > Hmm, I had this happen once to me before...every single link in
10 > /etc/runlevels was broken. System still booted though?
11
12 System boots fine. I'm still finding a couple issues after the deaths of the
13 hard drive and motherboard, but pretty minor stuff, like this.
16 > After re-reading your post are you saying the sym links are broken in
17 > /etc/runlevels or just in the output of rc-status?
18
19 I only see the [broken] message when I use `rc-status -s`.
20 If I just type 'rc-status', I get a correct response for the default runlevel.
21
22 The only reason I even know this is a problem is because of a typo. I meant
23 to run rc-update -s, and typed rc-status -s by mistake.
24
25 But now that I *know* there is an issue, I really want to fix it.
26
27 Thanks.
28
29 Peter
32 There *__is* no such thing as a civil engineer.
33 --
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list