From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Sharing /home and swap
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 02:22:49
1 Hi all,
2 I usually use Gentoo as my "normal" Linux but a third party app I'm
3 about to start using only runs on SUSE. To this end, I'm about to set
4 aside a smaller partition and install the minimal amnount of SUSE I need
5 to run the app. My question is regarding /home and swap. Is there
6 anything in my current Gentoo /home and swap that "locks" them to the
7 Gentoo install or can I share them between the two installs? What I mean
8 by share is that when I boot up Gentoo can I mount /home and swap and
9 everything is fully accessible and then reboot into SUSE and once again
10 mount them and everything is once again fully accessible?
11
12 I'm not doing anything "snazzy" such as LVM or encryption, just bog
13 standard Linux. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
14
15 Regards,
16 Andrew