From: "Crístian Viana" <cristiandeives@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] skip some package in glsa-check
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:52:52
1 it didn't work :( although I didn't know about the existence of that file!
2 :)
3
4 On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Arttu V. <arttuv69@×××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > On 12/17/09, Crístian Viana <cristiandeives@×××××.com> wrote:
7 > > hi,
8 > >
9 > > I run "glsa-check -f affected" to update a Gentoo system, but there's one
10 > > specific package I can't update, because it's a C library someone is
11 > using
12 > > and the 'secure' version is causing segmentation fault on her program, so
13 > I
14 > > added it to packages.mask. but as I run glsa-check in a cron job, if
15 > there's
16 > > one package it can't emerge, it won't emerge the rest of them (if only I
17 > > could add "--keep-going").
18 > >
19 > > does anyone have a solution to this? I want to keep running glsa-check to
20 > > update my system, but I don't want to update one specific package.
21 > >
22 > > thanks!
23 > >
24 > > --
25 > > Crístian Deives dos Santos Viana [aka CD1]
26 > > Sent from Campinas, SP, Brazil
27 >
28 > I don't know this for sure, but I wonder if putting the package in
29 > package.provided would result in what you are looking for? So, unless
30 > someone gets a better idea, I'd try to emerge the properly functioning
31 > version of the package, and then mark it provided:
34 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=3&chap=5#doc_chap3
35 >
36 > --
37 > Arttu V.
43 Crístian Deives dos Santos Viana [aka CD1]