From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge on really old tree
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 17:40:17
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Portage can deal with a pure kde-4.5.x to 4.6.0 upgrade, the blockers are all
3 > soft ones so they just get automagically dealt with.
4 >
5 > But kbluetooth has this gem:
6 >
7 > COMMON_DEPEND="
8 > <kde-base/kdelibs-4.6[semantic-desktop?]
9 > <kde-base/libkworkspace-4.6
10 > <kde-base/solid-4.6[bluetooth]
11 > "
12 >
13 > Oops. Blocks kdelibs. Basically nothing can proceed but portage doesn't know
14 > that so it dumps about 300 lines of errors on-screen. And the poor user has to
15 > sift through all of that to find the root cause. It's there, just hidden right
16 > in the middle of all the other junk on screen
20 Do you have k3b installed? I tried to install it here, it was a blocker
21 earlier so I -C'd it, and it appears k3b wants a older version of qt
22 stuff and KDE 4.6 wants the new versions of qt stuff. I have not been
23 able to work around this yet but would love to know if it is doable yet.
24
25 Dale
26