From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Changing static IP remotely...
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 04:49:30
1 Hi Gentoo users,
2
3 what is the proper way of changing static IP-address remotely
4 without the need to restart the whole system (or locking
5 me out)?
6
7 I have one interface with static IP, so first I'm going to edit
8 /etc/conf.d/net. Then I will set up command for later execution:
9
10 # echo '#!/bin/bash' > /root/eth-restart
11 # echo '/etc/init.d/net.eth0 restart' >> /root/eth-restart
12 # chmod 0700 /root/eth-restart
13 # at -f /root/eth-restart now + 5 min
14
15 Then I terminate my ssh-session hoping 5 minutes later
16 I can connect using new IP. Is this correct and all that
17 is necessary?
18
19 Jarry
20 --
22 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
23 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.