From: "Sebastian Beßler" <sebastian@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't kill Firefox!
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 12:04:11
1 Am 21.07.2011 20:38, schrieb Mick:
2 > Whatever Dale had on his machine must have infected mine! LOL!
3 >
4 > A 32bit x86 box with KDE4.6, running firefox-3.6.17 and xulrunner-1.9.2.17
5 > after a few hours and loads of tabs (sometimes up to 15 or so) eventually
6 > hangs X.
7
8 I had the same problem with firefox and KDE4.6, X just froze and I could
9 not kill firefox. This happend sometimes twice a day.
10 I had to kill everything with altgr+print+e, nothing else worked.
11
12 After my change to XFCE4 the problem has never occured again for now 2
13 month. Maybe the people at KDE should use time to fix bugs and make it
14 stable before putting more and more eyecandy and stuff in it.
15
16 Greetings
17
18 Sebastian Beßler