From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange traffic says I am using windoze and have a bug.
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 01:25:19
1 darren kirby wrote:
2
3 >You can run "strings" on it, or have a peek in a hex editor...
9 How I do that? What would I learn from it? hex editor? I think I saw
10 that somewhere. O_O I thought KDE used to have something that I could
11 view it with but since the upgrade I can't find it. Maybe lde-meta
12 missed something???
13
14 Anyway, I just would like someone to find out if they are trying to do
15 something they shouldn't and if they are, put a lock on their doors.
16 They can send them to me though. I can go to the local hardware store
17 and get some rope. I have a very large tree about 10 feet from me, good
18 strong limbs too. If this happens enough people would get greed off
19 their mind. I'm disabled and life is not fun but no amount of money
20 would put me on the end of a rope danglin from a tree. :-(
21
22 Anyway, I haven't heard from godaddy yet. It may be a while since they
23 may be asleep at the wheel, with the holidays and all.
24
25 Note: I upgraded one of my rigs memory the other day. #3 went from
26 128MBs to a grand total of 224MBs. Cool huh???
27
28 Dale
29 :-)
32 To err is human, I'm most certainly human.
33
34 I have four rigs:
35
36 1: Home built; Abit NF7 ver 2.0 w/ AMD 2500+ CPU, 1GB of ram and right now two 80GB hard drives. Named Smoker
37 2: Home built; Iwill KK266-R w/ AMD 1GHz CPU, 256MBs of ram and a 4GB drive. Named Swifty
38 3: Home built; Gigabyte GA-71XE4 w/ 800MHz CPU, 224MBs of ram and a 2.5GB drive. Named Pokey
39 4: Compaq Proliant 6000 Server w/ Quad 200MHz CPUs, 128MBs of ram and a 4.3GB SCSI drive. Named Putput
40
41 All run Gentoo Linux, all run folding. #1 is my desktop, 2, 3, and 4 are set up as servers.
44 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list