From: luis jure <ljc@××××××××××××.uy>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Xfce: shutdown and reboot normal users
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 13:56:53
1 i'm posting this to the list in case it's of some use to somebody.
2
3 trying to get automounting of usb drives working on xfce, as discussed on
4 a recent thread, i recompiled xfce4-session with policykit (polkit) and
5 consolekit. eventually this got me automounting working, but in the
6 process i lost the ability to shutdown or reboot the system from the exit
7 dialog in xfce. it seemed obvious that it was a permissions issue
8 involving polkit. searching the web i found instructions [*] that worked
9 for me: create the file /etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/power.pkla
10 (the name isn't relevant as long as it's under that directory and has the
11 pkla extension) with this code:
12
13 [Local restart]
14 Identity=unix-group:wheel
15 Action=org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.restart
16 ResultAny=yes
17 ResultInactive=no
18 ResultActive=yes
19
20 [Local shutdown]
21 Identity=unix-group:wheel
22 Action=org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.stop
23 ResultAny=yes
24 ResultInactive=no
25 ResultActive=yes
26
27 [Local restart - multiple]
28 Identity=unix-group:wheel
29 Action=org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.restart-multiple-users
30 ResultAny=yes
31 ResultInactive=no
32 ResultActive=yes
33
34 [Local shutdown - multiple]
35 Identity=unix-group:wheel
36 Action=org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.stop-multiple-users
37 ResultAny=yes
38 ResultInactive=no
39 ResultActive=yes
40
41 you can change the Identity=unix-group:wheel line with a different group
42 or a unix-user. since i'm the only user here, this isn't relevant for me.
43
44 i hope this might be of some interest.
45
46 [*] here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xfce