From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] RAID6/ext4 for /?
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 20:57:38
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 18:41 on Friday 31 December 2010, Stroller did
2 opine thusly:
3
4 > On 31/12/2010, at 4:16pm, Mark Knecht wrote:
5 > > I haven't seen much discussion of ext4. Are people using it?
6 >
7 > Yeah, it seems pretty good. Anecdotally it seems stable enough, I don't see
8 > why it should be less so than ext3, now. Deletes are *much* faster than
9 > with ext3.
10
11 I get the same with ext4 on three machines:
12
13 Latest Ubuntu on the Acer notebook
14 This here gentoo notebook
15 Android Donut on the phone
16
17 Seems reliably enough - no problems yet after 1 full year. Nothing unusual
18 about my usage except the notebook compiles stuff almost constantly, is always
19 running three VMs at least and is hardly never switched off
22 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com