From: Michael Higgins <linux@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alsa just mucked up my cards on reboot
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 21:09:57
1 On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 11:53:44 -0800
2 Michael Higgins <linux@×××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > IDK what happened. I rarely restart the server.
5 >
6 > Two cards, both share ac_97 module. via_82xx and ice_1712
7 >
8 > Has anyone had to fix this recent development? Any clues as to what
9 > changed under the hood?
10 >
11 > Cheers,
14 Well, I was able to rmmod ice_1712 and modprobe, restart alsa and use
15 it.
16
17 Does that give a clue to anyone? Anyone else on this list doing
18 multiple audio cards seeing them suddenly disappear, or whatever?
19 Probably I need to load them (the modules) with different/new options?
20
21 I'd love any feedback or suggestions as to how to fix this.
22
23 cat /etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf
24
25 alias char-major-116 snd
26
27 alias snd-card-0 snd-via82xx
28 alias sound-slot-0 snd-via82xx
29
30 alias snd-card-1 snd_mpu401
31 alias sound-slot-1 snd_mpu401
32
33 alias snd-card-2 snd-ice1712
34 alias sound-slot-2 snd-ice1712
35
36 options snd cards_limit=2
37 options snd slots=snd-via82xx,snd_mpu401,snd-ice1712
38
39 Is there any way to guarantee that this setup will survive a reboot?
42 Cheers,