From: Dan Oriani <dan@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] File timestamps got confused...why?
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 14:02:26
1 On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 10:04:36PM +0100, Stroller wrote:
2 >
3 > On Mon, 14 July 2014, at 6:54 pm, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
4 > >
5 > > I am running Gentoo Linux, which I update on a ~daily basis.
6 > > ...
7 > > solfire:/home/user>fstat smartlog.txt
8 >
9 > What package provides `fstat`, please?
10 >
11 > I don't have it installed on this machine, and the first google
12 > hit for "fstat gentoo" suggests it's a BSD command, unavailable
13 > on Linux.
14 >
15 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-1853116.html#1853116
16 >
17 > Stroller.
21 Not to get terribly off topic here, but fstat is, in fact, a C call. I
22 wonder if this is simply a user-made tool. If you look at code
23 examples for this call, it's not terribly difficult to use at all.
24
25 Actually, I wonder if the tool this user is using pulls the wrong
26 field and calls it 'year'.
29 Dan Oriani
30 redchops.com
31 (Website perpetually under construction)