From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 1.) Kernel panic - not syncing: Aiee, killing interupt handler; 2.) kdebase-3.4.1-r1 failed
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 03:03:09
1 Joseph wrote:
2 > I have a brand new (conservative box) AMD64 3000, Sata Drive with Asus
3 > AV8,
4 > I have two problems:
5 >
6 > 1.) Kernel panic - not syncing: Aiee, killing interupt handler.
7 > It appear during every few hours during compiling, I've seen other folks
8 > having the same problem but no solution.
9 >
10 > 2,) I'm constantly getting the error when I try to emerge kde
11 > kde-base/kdebase-3.4.1-r1 failed
12 > Function kde_compile, line 164,
13 >
14 > I've tried re-emerge qt, it did not help
15 > my make.conf:
16 > CFLAGS="-march=k8 -O2"
17 > CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
18 > CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
19 > MAKEOPTS="-j2"
20 >
21 > I've tried new kde-split, same error.
22 > Somebody pointed out that it has something do to with gcc-3.4.3-r1 but
23 > this is the only stable version available on AMD64.
24 >
25 > So, I have this new box - good for nothing, well it might run
26 > Windows :-(
27 >
28 > #Joseph
29
30 Well, it's got something to do with the kernel ;-). What kernel version is it? If it's not 2.6.12, I'd try that, first thing.
31
32 Zac
33 --
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list