From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] libusb upgraded failed with USE "doc"
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 19:17:32
1 Hello Wang, Baojun,
2
3 > > Do you need the doc USE flag? Unless you are coding with the package,
4 > > you normally do not need it. The flag enables extra documentation,
5 > > not the standard man/info pages.
6 > It was a mistake when I started use gentoo at the very beginning, now
7 > if I remove the "doc" USE flag globally, most of the packages in my
8 > system will need a rebuild, and that's take a very long time.
9
10 You could set it in /etc/portage/package.use for individual packages as
11 they come up for upgrade, then change it globally and rebuild when you
12 have the time. It's not as though the system can't be used while emerging
13 and not all packages use this flag anyway.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Set phasers to extreme itching!