From: Paul Sebastian Ziegler <psz@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Internet connection sharing
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 19:49:30
1 Hi,
2
3 maybe it would be easier to buy a PCMCIA-based wireless card.
4 This would eliminate the need for cabeling the laptop down.
5 I own several and even the cheap ones that come at 17 € have good reach
6 and support WPA (sometimes even WPA2).
7
8 Just a suggestion.
9
10 HTH
11 Paul
12
13 2006-06-11 (日) の 12:03 -0700 に Grant さんは書きました:
14 > My Gentoo workstation connects to my Gentoo router's wireless WPA
15 > connection just fine, but the wireless card built into my girlfriend's
16 > XP laptop does not support a WPA connection at all. I won't use WEP,
17 > but I really need to get her connected. The router's single ethernet
18 > port is being used by the DSL modem, but my workstation's ethernet
19 > port is free. What would I need to do to share my workstation's
20 > connection to the router with her via the workstation's ethernet port?
21 > Would I need to set my workstation up as a full-blown router via:
22 >
23 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/home-router-howto.xml
24 >
25 > - Grant