From: Laurence Perkins <lperkins@×××××××.net>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VRFs / Jails / Containers
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2019 16:23:50
1 On Sat, 2019-02-02 at 19:32 -0700, Grant Taylor wrote:
2 +AD4- Does Gentoo have any support for VRFs or (chroot) Jails or
3 +AD4- Containers
4 +AD4- without going down the Docker (et al) path?
5 +AD4-
6 +AD4- I'm wanting to do some things with a Gentoo router that is trivial to
7 +AD4- do
8 +AD4- with network namespaces via manual commands +AH4APg- scripts. But that's
9 +AD4- far
10 +AD4- from standard Gentoo init script based system. And I'd like
11 +AD4- something
12 +AD4- more Gentoo standards based.
13 +AD4-
14 +AD4- Does Gentoo have or support anything like this natively? Or am I
15 +AD4- getting into territory where I'm rolling my own?
16 +AD4-
17
18 Have you tried firejail? It gives you convenient ways to set up the
19 container parameters consistently and is in the repo. Its invocation
20 is also simple enough to not clutter up your startup scripts.
21
22 LMP