From: CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Question re: upgrade to goffice
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 00:57:35
1 Hi all,
2
3 I did an emerge --sync and got told that a few things needed upgrading,
4 one of them being goffice. I have gnumeric installed on my system, but
5 my USE flags include '-gnome'. I don't want gnome (i.e. the desktop) on
6 my system!! gnumeric, gimp and abiword (and yes, I have openoffice.org,
7 but find gnumeric and abiword more functional for some things) have
8 always compiled okay with the -gnome USE flag. However, goffice is
9 needed by gnumeric and probably the others, but now it doesn't seem to
10 want to compile and I've removed the 0.2.1 version 'cause it wanted to
11 put the 0.6.1 version into a new slot and I didn't want both versions on
12 my system and of course, now I've broken gnumeric and as I said, goffice
13 doesn't seem to want to compile without gnome (at least that is what I'm
14 interpreting the error message to mean.
15
16 Why all of a sudden can't I compile goffice without gnome?
17
18 Any feedback would be appreciated.
19
20 Regards,